Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm a survivor...

We live our life in survival mode at our house.  We get up in the morning.  We get ready for school and work and then try to make it there on time.  We come home, eat dinner, do homework, take baths, then it’s bedtime for the kiddos and Husband and I collapse on the couch to watch our shows.  The next day we do it all over again.  It’s just surviving.  Sometimes, I don’t feel like we get many opportunities to actually live. 

We survived our jam-packed weekend of festivities, with only one mommy meltdown at the grocery store checkout lane on Sunday.  The boys were fighting over the damn shopping cart and they almost didn’t survive!  I’m surviving the Tiger Cub Den Leader responsibilities.  (Never mind that my two male “co-leaders” are not helping at all, that’s another post.)  We made it to the hospital this morning before 7:00 am for First Born’s finger stick which meant that I almost made it to work on time!  Screw that, ten after eight is close enough, I’m calling it on time. 

Also, my self-esteem booster for the day:  My work is having a step challenge where they gave everyone who signed up a pedometer and asked us to record our total steps each week for a chance at a prize at the end of four weeks.  I knew when I signed up that I wouldn’t win - we have people who work here that run or bike to work every day.  I don’t think my children would dig on that.  This morning was the first time we had to go in and enter our steps for the week.  All I have to say is, “Thank God for the lady who is right before me in the alphabet.”  Her 28,000 steps make my 41,000 steps look pretty damn active!  I think if I’d known we’d all be inputting our steps in such a public way, I’d never have signed up for this.  I know I need to work out and that I don’t exercise, I certainly don’t need a little electronic reminder or for the rest of my co-workers to be reminded of that!

I have been debating with the idea of letting my friends, family, etc. in on this new blogging adventure.  I want to be able to write about everything without censoring myself for my readers.  But at the same time, I think it would be nice to hear what people have to say about it.  Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment