Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ahh, December, why did you come and go so quickly?

Apparently, I suck at staying on top of this blogging gig.  I'm going to make it my New Year's resolution to do a better job at blogging more regularly.  This is the kind of resolution I might even be able to keep this year, since it's something I actually want to do. 

Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas.  I was so happy that Husband's brother and brother's wife were able to come to town to spend Christmas Eve with us.  It really made the day special for Husband.  He's had a tough year and it was so great for them to be here. 

We only had one major minor issue this year.  We went over for dinner at a relative's house on Christmas Eve and the boys ended up getting super wound up and were running around the house like crazy people.  So we made a swift exit back to our house and then we forgot to set out the cookies for Santa and to sprinkle the reindeer food on the lawn.  By the time I realized this, the kids were asleep and the house was gonna have to be on fire if I was gonna get them back up for anything!  I put out the cookies and just tucked the reindeer food away for next year.  Yay, check that off the to do list for next Christmas!  Look at me, all planning a year in advance and stuff.  Christmas morning was great and Santa was good to the kids and me.  Husband got me a necklace from Tiffany's that has my initial on it.  I love it!  The boys got me a new purse and I love it too.  I musta been a good girl this year!  

The boys were happy with their gifts too, for a while.  Then they told me they were bored.  I told them to go play with their new toys and FB said, "Yeah, we did that already."  Seriously...

Another fun thing happened right before Christmas that I forgot to mention, we got a new furnace.  yay.  I'm sure you can just hear the excitement coming through the screen.  Merry Christmas to us.  I mean, I'm all for being warm when it's flipping cold outside but, do these things really need to cost so much money?  I wonder what the markup is on a furnace...

Now that Christmas is over, we're gearing up for the month of birthdays!  FB, my best friend's daughter, my mom, another friend's daughter, my sister in law and of course, ME...we all have January birthdays.  We're planning an Army birthday party for FB.  He loves all things Army and camo so we're going all out with camo shirts for all the kids and basic training activities, it should be fun.  Eventually, I hope to get a post up with the details from SB's Superhero party.  It went off w/o a hitch and all the kiddos had a great time.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and here's to a New Year, hopefully filled with many blog posts

P.S. By the way, I just wanted to take a minute to say, "thank you, thank you" to Kate from The Big Piece of Cake.  She has commented on my blog twice (so far) and for me, that's like someone famous is reading MY blog!  SQUEEEE!  Thanks again, Kate, you rock!  And so does her blog, so go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment